Spice Blends Gift Tin
Our spicy chameleon spice blends gift tin is a delicious gift for any foodie. We've selected six of our spice blends, packaged into individual tins and presented in a rectangular lidded tin for easy storage - no more losing spices at the back of the cupboard! With suggestions included for what to use each blend in, there's no need to wait for inspiration to strike - the kitchen creativity can start right away!
The gift tin contains:
Rich & Spicy
- Inspired by the flavours of tandoori dishes, we've combined fragrant spices to create a richly flavoured, deliciously hot blend. The heat of Chipotle and Kashmiri chillies and layers of slightly smoky, aromatic flavours are given a lift by juicy-tasting green mango. Use in place of a tandoori mix to marinade aubergine, chicken or paneer. Stir through broths for an instant boost of depth and warmth, or add to caramelised onion for a quick sweet, savoury, and spicy burger relish.
Deep & Tangy
- An elegantly spiced blend featuring a host of spices, including cinnamon, cumin, blue fenugreek, smoked paprika, ginger, green cardamom, allspice and black pepper. Anardana - a spice made from ground dried pomegranate - adds both depth and tang, whilst Urfa chilli gives warmth and richness. Use in both savoury and sweet recipes - it's fantastic added to stews and tagine-style dishes, or try using in cakes, brownies and sweet pastries to give a spiced depth and subtle savoury edge.
Aromatic & Complex
- Taking direction from Indian pickling spice mixes, we've used a combination of tiny whole spices and fragrant ground spices to create this bright, highly aromatic blend with floral, fruity and earthy notes alongside tasty heat. Try adding to creamy curries, throw a little into flatbread dough, and stir some through when you're making chutneys.
Piquant & Herby
- With an aroma that brings to mind the fresh green and fruity-sharp flavours of tabbouleh, this blend is fantastic for bringing piquancy to rich dishes - try adding to a cheese sauce to serve with spaghetti, or use generously to marinade lamb chops. Alternatively, use a pinch as a seasoning to lift delicate ingredients such as courgettes or prawns, and experiment with stirring a heaped spoonful through dips.
Earthy & Warm
- Savoury, subtly earthy and warming notes, along with juniper berries, aromatic herbs and whole spices create a surprisingly flexible blend that's as much at home in rich stews and sauces as it is in ketchup, pickling brines and autumnal chutneys.
Herby & Light
- A light, subtly sweet and herbal blend with softly flavoured spices and fruity depth. Numerous herbs combine with the savoury-sweet combination of onion, garlic and fenugreek, whilst smoked paprika and black, white and green pepper give depth. Try using in rice dishes, soups and savoury tarts.
If you are sending to someone directly as a present, gift wrap and gift notes are available - just let us know at checkout
At spicy chameleon, we are passionate about using spices to elevate any meal. We don't confine spices to specific cuisines - instead, we focus on the flavour profiles of each one, creating versatile, imaginative blends for you to incorporate into everyday cooking. Our spice blends are designed to be cooked in to dishes, to give delicious depth. You can also use them in combination with our finishing blends to build vibrant layers of flavour.
For more information on each of the spice blends, please view their individual listings. Each individual tin contains at least 25g of spice blend. Occasionally, we may substitute one or more of the pictured spice blends for others not listed.
WHY DON'T WE ADD SUGAR OR SALT TO OUR BLENDS?
The spices we skilfully combine give such a flavour boost on their own, so we don't add salt or sugar to our blends. Some spices have an inherent sweetness - combining these makes delicious, sweet-tasting blends. The one exception to our rule on sugar is our Sugar Spice finishing blend, in which we use small pieces of crystallised ginger for its delicious chewy texture and spicy-sweet flavour. Other spices we utilise for their deeply savoury qualities. Salt is sometimes used whilst processing sumac berries and in curing chillies such as Urfa and Aleppo, and as such, may be present in small quantities in some of our blends. We use red miso powder, which is made with salt, as an ingredient in our Savoury and Rich spice blend.
You may like to add a sprinkle of salt to your food in combination with our finishing blends - we leave the choice up to you!
A NOTE ON STORAGE
Spices are best stored in airtight packaging, away from sunlight and heat. To keep our finishing blends as fresh as possible, we pack them into screw-lid tins. Replace the lids after each use, and store away from sunny windowsills and sources of heat, such stovetops. If you forget to replace the lid, the finishing blend may begin to lose aroma. Please note that even if you keep our finishing blends sealed securely, you may notice some clumping - this is because we do not use anti-caking additives. Don't worry if this happens - simply give the blend a stir or use your fingertips to break down any small clumps.
Ground and whole spices and herbs - see product pages for the individual lists.
For allergens, see items listed in bold in ingredients lists found on each product page.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
At spicy chameleon, we believe spices should be celebrated. Our versatile spice blends will bring creativity to your kitchen – use them alone or try in combination with our finishing blends to introduce even more layers of flavour to your cooking!
WANT TO SEE MORE?
Follow us for recipes, new products and chances to win freebies...